Hello! Welcome back!!
As you know winter is fast approaching! That means that I'll be busy making a lot of warm and cozy clothing and accessories starting with this awesome ear-warmer.
Who knows, maybe one day I'll be that grandma that gives sweaters to all the kids for Christmas instead of toys. haha 🙂
Anyway, this ear-warmer is perfect because it keeps Victoria's ears nice and warm during cold days! It is so easy to make and works up rather quickly - making it the perfect project for a gift or to make and sell at craft shows this time of year! It has a fun and unique texture to make it beautiful and as you can see Victoria loves wearing it!
Before you start this you'll need to know about the sizing. This ear-warmer can be made to fit any head circumference. I would suggest downsizing the length about 1-2 inches less than the head size.
Ex. My daughter is one and her head circumference is 18 inches. I worked up the ear-warmer to be 16 inches long and measured it laying flat with no stretch. After that, I stretched it and effortlessly it reached 18 inches.
Estimated Head sizes:
- H-8 - 5.00 mm hook
- worsted weight yarn I am using Lion Brand touch of alpaca in Blush
- HDC - half double crochet
- SC - single crochet
- Fptf - Front Post treble crochet
- Popcorn - 5 dc in the indicated st, draw a loop from the hook, reinsert the hook on the top of the first dc of the 5-dc group, pick up the dropped loop and pull it through the first dc.
- Always skip the hdc behind the FPtr.
- RS - right side
- WS - wrong side
- Row 1 - RS - HDC in the 2nd chain from the hook and across. Ch 1, turn. (11)
- Row 2 -WS - HDC in the first st and the next 10 sts. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 3 - RS - HDC in the first 2 sts, FPtr in each of the next 2 sts 2 rows below, skip 2 sts after the last HDC made, HDC in the next st, Popcorn in the next st, HDC in the next st, FPtr in each of the next 2 sts 2 rows below, HDC in the last 2 sts. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 4 - WS - HDC across (11)
- Row 5 - RS - HDC in the first 2 sts, FPtr in each of the next 2 FPsts 2 rows below, skip 2 sts after the last HDC made, HDC in the next 3 sts, FPtr in each of the next 2 FPsts 2 rows below, skip 2 sts after the last HDC made, HDC in the last 2 sts. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 6 - WS - Repeat Row 2 - 5 until the desired length for the pattern.
- Fasten off and slip stitch to join both ends together.
Pattern for the center wrap
- Ch 5
- sc in the next chain from the hook and in the next 3 sts. Ch.1, turn.
- sc across until it measures 2 inches. Fasten off and sew on the warmer cover the slip sts. (see figure 13)
***You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.
***A downloadable version of this pattern is available on Ravelry.
***Want more patterns? Keep in touch and be sure to follow me on Facebook for new pattern sneak peeks before they become available on my shop! Feel free to post pictures of your finished projects and/or links to your shops so all can see. I love it when you tag me (@arianaehall)!