This little cutie was created with so much love! I really had a great time making her, she was so fun and I enjoyed sewing all the final pieces together. I hope you enjoy it too!
Feel free to post pictures of your finished projects and/or links to your shops so all can see! I love when you tag me @arianaehall on all social media!
Please no sharing pictures or patterns are allowed. Feel free to make as many to sell and gift. I just ask to give credit to Ariana Hall. Thank you!
Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL to watch videos I post showing you steps on how to make certain parts of the dolls and more!
- F - 3.75 mm crochet hook - 3.50 mm for Bow
- Medium Worsted weight (#4) yarn
- I used :
- Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon for Bows
- Craftsmart- in Off White - for body/head, arms, and ears.
- Red Heart - pink for half the arm.
- Red Heart - Gold for horn
- Yarn Bee Soft sleek in Violet stripes for hair/tail
- Black/Brown Embroidery Floss - for Eyes & nose
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers (highly recommend this extra piece of yarn works great) X2
- Poly-fil - I use the one for doll making
- (Optional) Pins to help with ears and arms placements.
- (Optional) Blush or paint for the cheeks. Add a little at a time.
CH - chain
ST - stitch (stitch space)
Sl St - slip stitch
SC - single crochet
DC - double crochet
FLO - front loop only
SC INC - single crochet increase (2 sc in the same st)
INV DEC - invisible SC decrease ( decrease using FLO)
F.O: fasten off
MC - magic circle / magic ring
Read Before beginning:
- STITCH MARKER - You will be working in rounds so keep a stitch marker close to use when working up the doll. Unless otherwise stated to CH and turn. They will mark the 1st st of each round.
- TENSION - Make sure you use a tight enough tension to help close any "holes" a loose tension may cause. I crochet yarning under then Over to create a tighter stitch. Go down a hook size if needed. ( my tension is naturally tight)
- ASSEMBLY - The amigurumi is worked up by first making two legs, joining them together, and working up the body and the head in one piece. Arms, horn, bows, and ears are separate.
- BLUSH (OPTIONAL)- This is optional but you could also use blush to add some sweetness to the cheeks. I use cosmetic grade blush using a dense small brush and little at a time.
- Pattern- (EX. *SC in 8, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (36) ) You will end that round with the second step of what that round instructs. This will vary.
**If you would like to see how I join both legs, watch the video HERE.
Pattern LEGS #1  - with main color
START HERE - Make 2 (Stuff as you go)
6 SC in MC
Round 1 - SC INC. in each st (12)
Rounds 2 - 9 - SC in every st to the end. (12)
[For Leg #1. CH 1 after you make the last st, leave a long tail and fasten off.]
Continue to make Leg #2. Remember DO NOT fasten off. Continue to JOINING instructions when finished with Leg #1 & Leg #2. Keep stitch marker in both.
JOINING both legs [See page 8 for visual and video link for help.]
[Both of the pieces have a total of 12 sts each + 4 sts made. After Round 10, you will have a total of 28 sts.]
Round 10 -
- Leg #2 - Chain 2
- SC in Leg #1 where the stitch marker is (1st st from the last round made)
- SC around Leg #1 (12 sts)
- SC in one loop of each of the 2 chains made. (2sts)
- SC around Leg #2 (12 sts)
- SC on the other side of the 2 chains made. (2sts)
Total of 28 sts made.
Continuing to the shaping of the body: (stuff as you go)
Rounds 11 - 20 - SC in every st to the end (28) (10 rounds)
Round 21 - *SC in 4, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. SC in the last 4 sts. (24)
Round 22 - *SC in 2, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (18)
Round 23 - *SC in 1, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (12)
Round 24 - SC in every st to the end (12)
Round 25 - SC in every st to the end (12)
Continuing to shaping the Head: (Stuff as you go)
Stuff generously in the neck area for support.
Round 26 - SC INC. in each st (24)
Round 27 - *SC in 1, SC INC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (36)
Rounds 28 - 35 - SC in every st to the end (36) (8 rounds)
Round 36 - *SC in 4, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (30)
Round 37 - *SC in 3, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (24)
Round 38 - *SC in 2, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (18)
Round 39 - *SC in 1, INV DEC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (12)
Round 40 - INV DEC all around. (6)
Sl st in the next st. Fasten Off leaving a tail long enough to sew closed the top of the head. Weave your needle with the tail, through the front loops of all 6 sts, pull to close the center, secure with a knot, and weave in the end.
Mouth/ Nose (Snout) - main color & Black-brown embroidery floss
[small amount of poly-fil needed when sewing.)
Starting with the main color
8 SC in MC
Round 1 - SC INC in each st. (16)
Round 2 - *SC in 3, SC INC in the next. Repeat from * to the end. (20)
Round 3 - SC in every st to the end. (20)
Round 4 - SC in every st to the end. (20)
SlSt to the next st and fasten off, leave a long tail long enough to sew on the center of the face after embroidering the two nostrils slightly slanted outwards. Three stitches in between both.
Eyes- Using BLACK/BROWN EMBROIDERY FLOSS - I went over one stitch at a time to create a curve towards the bottom then four eyelashes. I went over the same line twice to make it thicker
Horn - Using gold
[Poly fil needed- add as you work it up.)
6 SC in MC
Rounds 1 - 5 - SC in every st to the end. (6) ( 5 rounds)
Round 6 - [SC in 2, SC INC in the next] 2 times. (8)
Round 7 - SC in every st to the end. (8)
SlSt to the next st and fasten off, leave a long tail long enough to sew on the middle of the top of the head. approximately 4 rounds between the top of the snout and the horn.
Mane - Make 3
DC 3 times in chain 23 and in every stitch to the end of the chain, SC in the last chain.
Should be curled up when finished.
Fasten off and leave a long tail to sew on the back of the head.
- Start with the first curly strand in the center (straight down in the back using the horn as a guide.) I started sewing from the bottom holding at the top behind the horn making sure I sew it with the stretch being as even as possible throughout the back of the head.
- The other two on the side will be sewn the same but as you sew, you will sew through the other curl on the side so there aren't any gaps.
- Make sure to sew on the bottom of the curl that touches the head and not overly so as to not squish or flatten the top.
Tail- Make 3
SC 2 times in every chain space to the end.
Should be curled up when finished.
Fasten off and leave a long tail to sew on the lower back.
I added one curl at a time. I placed two right next to each other than the third on top of the first two.
Arms - Make 2 - Using Pink and White
[No poly-fil needed for the arms.]
Starting with Pink
8 SC in MC
Rounds 1 - 5 - SC in every st to the end. (8) ( 5 rounds)
Change colors to White (same as the body)
Rounds 6 - 12 - SC in every st to the end. (8) ( 7 rounds)
SlSt to the next st and fasten off, leave a long tail long enough to sew on the side of the body. Approximately Round 23 of the body.
Ears - Make 2
[No poly-fil needed for the ears.]
6 SC in MC
Round 1 - SC in every st to the end. (6)
Round 2 - SC INC. in each st (12)
Rounds 3 - 5 - SC in every st to the end. (12)
Sl st in the next st. Fasten Off leaving a tail long enough to sew on the head. Sew on rows 5-7 from the top of the head. I sew mine on after I embroidered the eyes and placed the hair.
The pattern for a small Bow: with a 3.50 mm hook
Row 1 -SC in the 2nd CH from the hook and 3 left. (4) CH 1, turn.
Row 2 -15 - SC in all 4 sts. (4) CH 1, turn