Don't skip Thanksgiving! I know everyone is excited and ready to be holly jolly but Thanksgiving has it's own unique and wonderful atmosphere. I love getting together with close family and friends to enjoy delicious home-cooked food like deep-fried turkey, maple-glazed yams, and my absolute favorite - sweet potato pie!
Pumpkin pie is okay too...let's not fight over the holidays okay 🙂
So with the family all gathered around, I really like to make a big impression with my table setting. This year I hand-made some utensil holders and bows out of yarn and I painted and stenciled on a flat wooden pumpkin that I found at A.C. Moore. To finish it all off I crocheted some bows and stitched them onto the utensil holders and I made a bigger one to tie onto the stem of the wooden pumpkin.
For this project, I chose to use terracotta and fisherman yarn from Lion Brand as well as creme colored acrylic paint for the pumpkin. This combination of colors blends together so beautifully and sets the perfect mood for this time of year!
The nice thing about this pattern is that it can be made to fit any season by just changing the colors!
Lion brand yarn :
H 8 - 5mm hook
- Chain 1 and chain 2 in the pattern is not considered a stitch.
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
sl st - slip stitch
- Utensil holder body
- Row 1 - SC in the 2nd CH from the hook, turn.
- Row 2 - CH 2. SC in the next st to the end, turn. (16)
- Row 3 - CH 3. DC across to the end, turn. (16)
- Repeat row 3, 24 more times.
Note: You should end with 25 rows of double crochet. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Sewing the pouch:
Fold the pouch overlapping the 8th dc row from the top. Sew the sides inside out for a smooth edge.
- Join to the first chain and create a circle. Careful not to twist the chain.
2. Chain 1 and turn. Work towards the left.
- Row 1 - SC in the same st as the CH 1 and in the next 28 stitches.
Join to the first SC with a sl st and CH 1.
- Repeat Row 1, 5 more times.
At the end of Row 5, join and fasten off leaving a long tail enough to wrap around the center of the bow.
Sew the small bow on the middle of the utensil holder.
Pattern: Big Bow
- Row 1 - Join with a sl st to the first chain. Ch 1, Turn.
- Row 2 - SC in the same st as the CH 1 and the next 58 stitches.
- Repeat Row 2, 9 more times.
You should have 10 rows of single crochets. Leave a long tail to wrap around the middle of the bow and fasten off.
I tied the leftover ends around the stem of the pumpkin to hold it. Using the wooden pumpkin purchased at A.C. MOORE craft store. (not sponsored)
***You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.
***Want more patterns? Keep in touch and be sure to follow me on Facebook for new pattern sneak peeks before they become available on my shop! Feel free to post pictures of your finished projects and/or links to your shops so all can see. I love it when you tag me (@arianaehall)!